Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Temporary Fortifications thoughts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject: Temporary Fortifications thoughts

Hello all,

Just a few thoughts on the ol Temporary Fortifications (TF).

While I see their occasional historical use I am fearful that using more than 6E can bog down games unnecessarily.

A thought would be to limit the purchase of TF to one 6E purchase.

Just a thought to get discussion going.

Todd

Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject:

I can see a case where, with existing significant terrain on the table, and no 'open space loops', TF placement could cut down the 'open' frontage to...near zero.

In less-terrainy battles, something like 13E frontage (slightly more) of table can be semi-cut-out (at least for any mounted movement, and you're not going to want to move close foot over a TF).

There are armies that gain from this capability, such that they can run fewer, higher quality units with some 'trash' to hold the TFs...so we get a little more army selection capability.

I'm not sure whether this is a benefit against the potential for bogged down games.
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject: Temporary fortifications

I think one is plenty - though I should pay attention I could see some armies able to put out 6 and make sure that they eliminate everyone they play from a tournament - either due to hari-kiri (people throwing themselves over ditched palisades) or no combat
I do know that having made that mistake once I will not do it again - you put out fortifications - Ill go into lager - and go get one (lager) while the game does nothing
Tournament play should be meeting engagements - or charge 100+ points per 6 element
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: